Alexandra Kaleniuk is an immigration lawyer offering a wide range of services to support people wanting to stay in the UK. If you are already in the UK and are looking for support with visa extensions as a family member, applying for indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship or staying in the UK to work or study, Alexandra can help.

As a specialist immigration lawyer, Alexandra has a wealth of expertise and experience to assist and guide you in the following areas, so please do get in touch on 0121 231 7145 if we can help out with any of the issues below:


Visa extensions

We can help you to apply for visa extensions and variations of family visas including:

  • Spouse and civil partner cases
  • Unmarried partner applications
  • Parent caring for a child in the UK
  • Dependent relatives
  • U.K. Ancestry matters

Applications for British citizenship

You may be able to apply for British citizenship if you were born in the UK and are not already a British citizen. You can also apply for citizenship by ‘naturalisation’, though this will depend on your circumstances. Whatever your situation, we can advise you on the options available and support you through your application.

Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

After you have lived in the UK for the required amount of time – generally 5 years – you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Once you have this status, you may be able to apply for British citizenship. As an experienced immigration lawyer, Alexandra can support you through your ILR and citizenship applications.

Private Life Applications

If you are already living in the UK, then you may be eligible to remain in the UK under the private life category. We can help you to apply for this status, if you fall into one of these categories:

  • You are under 18, have lived in the UK continuously for at least 7 years, and it would be unreasonable to expect you to leave the UK.
  • You are between 18 and 24 and have lived continuously in the UK for more than half your life.
  • You are aged 18 or over, have spent less than 20 years in the UK and you would have very significant problems living in the country you’d have to go to – for example, you do not speak the language and could not learn it.
  • You are aged 25 or over and have been in the UK continuously for 20 years.

Working in the UK

We can support you with Tier 2 Skilled Worker applications, enabling people who are already in the UK to switch to any of these work related categories:

  • Tier 2 of the Points Based System
  • General Work Visa
  • Health and Care Visa
  • Intra Company Transfer
  • Minister of Religion
  • Sportsperson

If you are already in the UK and are starting up a business, are recognised as an exceptional talent in your field, or want to invest in the UK, our expertise will be invaluable in supporting you in applying for business development and talent visas – Tier 1 – to enable you to remain in the UK. This includes helping you to switch to one of the following categories:

  • Innovator
  • Start Up
  • Global Talent

Study in the UK

If you are already in the UK and wish to switch to a Tier 4 general student visa, and have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor, we can support you with your application.

We can also support child applicants in the UK who wish to switch to a Tier 4 Child Student visa.

Graduate Visa

You can apply for a Graduate visa if you meet all of the following requirements:

  • you’re in the UK
  • your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course

EU, EAA and Commonwealth Citizens

If you are a European national and want to apply to stay in the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme for settled and pre settled status, then we can help you with your application.

Additional services

Administrative Review

We can lodge and manage basic applications for Administrative Review, except those which are refused on the grounds of credibility, genuineness of documents or relationships.

Varying conditions of leave

We can manage straightforward applications to vary the conditions attached to leave granted. This may include:

  • applications to remove the condition related to ‘No Recourse to Public Funds’
  • applications to vary the conditions already set for clients on bail granted by the Secretary of State – such as right to work or study, restrictions on residence, or reporting requirements.

Looking for an immigration lawyer in Birmingham? Get in touch

If you need the expertise of an immigration lawyer to help you to stay in the UK, please do get in touch on +44 (0)121 231 7145. We are based in Birmingham, but are also happy to communicate via telephone and video call to discuss your requirements.